Wednesday 6 August 2014

Pools




Through my research of swimming pools I have realised that I really like the shadowing the combination of natural light and architectural features can cast over the water. It is a really beautiful occurrence and I want to keep this in mind when designing my boatshed. Experimenting with shadows, window, arches, columns etc
Another beautiful feature is the material used on the surface of the pool shining through the water creating beautiful reflections, and patterns. 









Seamless:
A feature in swimming pools that I have discovered through my research is a pool that appears "seamless" beside its surroundings. I think this could work really nicely with the location of the boatsheds, the swimming pool could merge seamlessly with the surrounding ocean.






Further Inspiration:










No comments:

Post a Comment