Sunday 17 August 2014

CryEngine

When Importing my model to CryEngine everything was imported except for the correct materials however I have attempted to solve this by assigning default "generic" materials to components. I couldn't find an appropriate material for the boatsheds though so as when the default "replace me" they are quite painful on the eyes I decided to make them all a default white. The materials used on the pavement and the walkway are not as successful as those used in Sketch Up and when rendered in Indigo however they are something.












Unfortunately I have still been unable to fix the walkway disappearing to a mere shadow when near or under it. I have tried to research why this could be and how to solve this however I have been unsuccessful. I'm not sure if this due to an error by me when creating my model or merely a glitch within CryEngine itself. The shadow makes me believe it is the software as it is obviously registering the shape and size of the walkway and the fact that it is there.



No comments:

Post a Comment