Friday 18 July 2014

Seating Space

Seating is of importance to a meeting space therefore so is the seating space. While at the boatsheds I documented areas of potential seating space. Because the boatsheds are locked to the public I was not able to document the potential interior seating space however I was able to document the potential of the boatshed roof and the concrete jetty's.


There are two jetty's at the boatsheds but the second has in my opinion more potential as seating space as overall it has a larger surface area and has two forks: which could be used to create privacy for the more private meetings. 








As the roofs of the boatsheds are angular there could be issues in producing a successful seating space however there is also potential to use the footpath along Oriental Parade as it is a practical flat surface but would also grab the attention of the vehicle and foot traffic; potentially needed if my space is to be a cafe, commercial shop or recreational space etc etc.  






The larger staircase located in the centre of the boatsheds could also be used as seating space but it has more potential as a traffic-way/entrance way for those meeting at my space. 
It is because of this stairwell and the jetty directly infront that I have made the decision to use Boatshed number 13 as the boatshed I will design. I believe it has more potential with all of these possibilities nearby regardless if the final design makes use of them or not. 




No comments:

Post a Comment