Saturday 26 July 2014

Final Video - Week 2

After realizing the stop motion video did not create the final product that I wanted, I took a friend and my camera and walked to the boatsheds again. This time videoing me walking up/down every staircase from many different angles and capturing all of the meetings that did take place, and potential meetings that could have took place. 

Unlike the first, this video now includes the boatsheds and confirms the destination and establishes the location.

Because I am not physically creating my design within the space, the shots of me walking on the boatshed roof and sitting on the roof establishes my desire within my design to replace the boatshed roofs with a staircase, creating a seating space and the potential for chance meetings as well as an "observation deck". 

A "chance meeting" is exactly that; chance and therefore it can not be predicted which is why I did not stage any meetings in this video and I believe the footage of me walking up the stairs when strangers simply walk by is enough documentation of "meetings" as it depicts the potential that is there. 

I left the video silent so that there is no distraction while watching the video. The audience is able to focus on the stairs, the concept of chance meetings and the visualization of the staircase roof concept at the very end. 



No comments:

Post a Comment